Fire Emblem: Three Houses
The following issues are encountered that the developers of yuzu are aware of:
- (Major) Pre-rendered video cutscenes do not play and display as black (although the white text may show up underneath): Cutscenes rendered on the console (for example, when characters have dialogue with one other characters) and cutscenes involving still backgrounds with animations overlayed still do render.
- (Major) Both Chapter 15 - Valley of Torment and Chapter 17 - Blood of the Eagle and Lion cause an unskippable cutscene crash on video GPUs that are not AMD (although AMD GPUs also take a major performance hit compared to NVIDIA GPUs).
- (Major) (fixed in EA) Music is too loud and turning it off in settings doesn’t work. Basically you hear only music. No battle SFX or character selection quotes, and Rain/Thunder versions of music play simultaneously (not switching between map version and battle version).
- (Major) (fixed in EA) Sound is stuttering. (Edit: If you turn it down in Yuzu Audio Settings to about 52% its not really noticeable)
- (Major) random occasional crashes with Vulkan, savescum liberally (you can do this on maddening classic too, by copying the two files created when you make a bookmark, and paste and replace if you want to load the bookmark at any time)
- (Major) Vulkan only, if you win a map it will crash vast majority of time when it is supposed to load the save menu, workaround is to make a bookmark and reload, as the issue seems to stem from the game running for too long in a map.
- (Major) Memory leak will cause the game to crash after about an hour in any map.
- (Minor) (fixed in EA) SFX in battle doesn’t work.
- (Minor) (fixed in EA) Some audio artifacts inside the Academy.
- (Minor) (fixed in EA) Game freeze in tournaments VERY often.
Tested the 16/09/2020 with Nvidia 1060 GTX and intel-i7 5th generation (from 2016).
* Cutscenes not displayed (black screen) but sound is ok.
* Game is very slow, with OpenGl or Vulkan. It’s somehow playable during fights and little cutscenes (15⁄20 fps) but quite annoyable during intermission in school (2 fps in certains areas).
* Random crash after battles but after the save so it’s not a problem, just reload.
* The audio isn’t so bad, it follows mostly the fps (quite low), so it’s normal to tear. Better to disable it via windows audio mixer for now.
This game is untested. Please play through this game and report your compatibility with this title.