Use XCIs for gamecards, NSPs for anything else. You need encryption keys which you can dump with our guide
Short Descriptions of Yuzu-supported Formats
- XCI: Represents a dump of a game cartridge. Contains icons, metadata, and a switch game. Sometimes contains updates to the game as well. Used For: Dumps of Gamecards you own
- NSP: Contains all of the files and data needed to display icons, a title and a game.
Used For: Dumps of SD and NAND games, Updates
- NCA: A raw format that can contain a multitude of things (most similar to a ZIP file on your computer)
Used For: System Archives
- Deconstructed Rom Directory: An NCA that has been expanded into its component parts.
Used For: Developers and Power Users with more advanced applications
- NSO/NRO Homebrew: Cool and neat applications made unofficially by members of the community
Here is an overall diagram of what each format contains: